Wednesday, October 22, 2014

[REVIEW] Maybelline | Color Sensational Matte Lipstick - Ravishing Rose

Hey Beauties! I hope you guys are having a great week, and I'm finally back for a new review, exciting right? Anyhow I'm reviewing an extremely popular and highly talked about line. The Maybelline Matte lipsticks have been highly talked about and these have been flying off the shelves. When they first came out I was able to get my hands on one of them, and I'm hoping to get my hands on one or two more, I've been eyeing Daringly Nude and Lust For Blush. Anyhow let's get into the review.



Breakdown:
Texture: On the lips it feels smooth without being too heavy, however, after using it on and off, I did realize that the texture changed and became a little drier and even when I applied it on my lips, it felt like it dragged a little. I've also noticed that in the tube, the lipstick itself looks pretty dried out.

Pigmentation: I was presently surprised with the pigmentation of this because it looked relatively dry (in the tube) and I felt like it kind of dragged on my lips during application, so I wasn't expecting a really great application, but it had decent pigmentation. It was pretty opaque with one layer, but I'll talk about the application process next.

Application: Although it's relatively pigmented, I found the application a little tedious. I live in a drier region, so I guess that plays a factor to it, but I found that the more I used it, the more difficult the application was. When I first used it, I was impressed with how easy it applied and how I didn't really need to fuss with it. Now when I use it, I really need to take my time with it and work with it. I apply one layer, and since it applies a little patchy, I need to take my ring finger and blend it out and even out the color.

The color itself was a little lighter than what I was expecting from the tube. In the tube, it looks like a dusty/mauve rose color, but when I applied it, it pulled a lot more pinker than what the tube lead me to believe.

Wear: I do notice it lasting a while and the first couple of times I used it I never felt like it dried out my lips. The color itself will last, without settling into fine lines and creases in your lips for about 2-3 hours, without eating or drinking. The problem is, that if the product continues to dry out, then it'll be more likely for the color to settle into fine lines/creases because of how dry the product is. It can also easily slip on smoother surfaces into the fine lines. **KEEP IN MIND IT COULD BE DRYING OUT DUE TO THE FACT THAT I LIVE IN A DRIER CLIMATE**

Overall: 
I think this is a decent line of lipsticks. I do want to do a comparison between Lust For Blush (matte) and the regular Lust For Blush to see if there's a difference in the color payoff and color application. As far as this color is concerned, it applies decently pigmented, but it has dried out on me, which makes me not really want to use the color. It also applies a lot pinker than what I've seen in the tube, so I don't use it on it's own; instead I use it as a base underneath some of my balm stains. I do want to try out a couple more colors before I let you guys know whether to invest in this or pass on this.



Until my next post,

Stay Beautiful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment