Friday, October 24, 2014

[REVIEW] e.l.f. - Waterproof Eyeliner (Black)

e.l.f. has been known to produce quite a bit of hit and miss products and we all know that even within the same palette line, the color payoff/pigmentation isn't always consistent. I was in desperate need for a new liquid eyeliner, but I really didn't want to spend more than $6-$8 on it. So of course I went to my trusty e.l.f. section in Target and I wanted to see what they had. To my surprise I was able to find a waterproof liquid liner for $1 and I jumped at the chance to test out this cheaper alternative.


Breakdown:

Pigmentation: I was pleasantly surprised to see how pigmented this applied. It's a rich black and dries to a pretty matte finish. I do suggest that you store this with the tip down, that way the tip will stay saturated with product and it won't dry out.

Application: It glides on smoothly and I don't have any problems with it skipping on me. I also like how I can easily get a fine line. When I first got it, I did have to use it on the back of my hand to make sure that it would even apply any product, and it did start off a little patchy, but then it became easier to apply.

  • Applicator: I wish the applicator was a lot cleaner/sharper. As you can tell from the picture there are some frayed parts at the tip and it's not cut evenly all the way around. Luckily, I was able to angle the tip so that I can get a straight/even line. 
I do have to warn you that this is very liquidy and it takes a while to dry. Even when I let it set, it can smudge and transfer. 

Wear Time: I have extremely oily lids, and I have a weird scar on both of my eyelids near my lash line, which makes using any type of eyeliner very difficult. On my lids, this usually lasts about 5 minutes without smudging. Unfortunately on the corners of my eyes, it starts to smudge bunch up at the outer corners of my eyes. On the rest of my lid, it could last about 1-2 hours without smudging. I would definitely be interested to see how this will work on individuals with single lids. 



Overall:
I think this product has potential. I really wish there was more time put into the shape of the brush and also the formulation. It's opaque and applies smoothly, but it takes a while to dry and it can also smudge when it dries. If you tried this product let me know what your experience is and how you like it down below in the comments or on Twitter (@ciaociaoreview). 

Until my next post,

Stay Beautiful <3


No comments:

Post a Comment