Monday, July 7, 2014

[REVIEW] LOVE & BEAUTY - Blush & Bronzer

Hey Beauties! I'm back :] If you didn't know, I spent the last week with my family in Cali and decided to take a break from all of my social networking platforms to really enjoy my time with my family. Now I'm back with a couple of reviews so stay tuned for those, but today's review is on an extremely affordable product that you can find at Forever 21! So let's jump into the review :]





Breakdown:
Color: Looking at it, I automatically see what this product was trying to recreate and it's NARS' Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. A lot of companies have been putting out products like this and e.l.f. has a product that is extremely similar to this, but isn't as big. The blush is a peach/coral color with golden shimmer in it and the bronzer is a deeper brown with orange undertone and golden shimmer.

Product Size: This product is almost as big as a DVD. It's not so great for traveling, but I feel like you get a lot of product for the price.



Pigmentation: The pigmentation isn't the greatest, especially on the blush side. Both products do show up on my skin, but the blush doesn't show up as I would've expected. I can apply one layer and it's not too bam in your face, but it does give a light flush of color. The bronzer is looks like it'd give off too orange of a hue, but it blends in nicely with my skin and although there's shimmer in it, I can use it to lightly contour because of how dark the color is. Since being in California I've gotten 1-2 shades darker and I found that I need to use more in order for it to show up.

Blendability: Both shades blend pretty decently. The blush is extremely easy to work with and blends in to give you a natural flush on your cheeks. The bronzer isn't as easy to blend and takes a little work, but it afterwards it's blends in nicely and doesn't give too harsh of a line.

Longevity: I really wished that the blush would last a lot longer, I can't see a trace of it after 2 hours of wear, but the bronzer lasts for a decent amount of time. I do notice both products fade, but not to the point where you can't see any product.





Overall:
This product rates average for me. It's nothing too impressive where I feel you need to run out of your house and pick up, but at the same time, it's definitely not the worst product I've tried. I recently ran out of my bronzer and this is a decent replacement for it, but you must be careful with the bronzer because if you put too much you'll get an orange oompa loompa tint to the sides of your face (not cute).

The blush is convenient to have and isn't too chalky or dusty looking on my cheeks. It blends in nicely and if you are lighter than me or darker than me you might be able to get this product to show up. The golden shimmer doesn't really show up, so it's nothing to really worry about.

When you dab your brush into it, you'll notice that it does leave tiny holes in the product and there is some fallout, but not a lot. It's not that big of a deal, but it does make weary to see what'll happen with it the more I use it.

Have you tried out this product or something similar? What are your thoughts? Let me know on Twitter @ciaociaoreview or down below in the comments below!

Until my next post,

Stay Beautiful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment