Monday, June 16, 2014

[FIRST IMPRESSION] Revlon - ColorStay Gel Envy (Pocket Aces)

Happy Monday Beauties! Hope you all had a great weekend and a good start to the week! Recently I've been really in to trying out different gel nail type of kits/sets. When I saw this set at Target I definitely wanted to try it out because it was so reasonably priced and there weren't too many steps involved! So let's jump in to my first impression: 











Likes:
- Variety: I love the color variety there are about 30 different shades that you can choose from, and I love how they all have names that are based around gambling (table games more specifically). This allows you to have endless possibilities!

- Brush: I love how this is one of the wide brushes. It allows me to get a good amount of product so I only have to apply one coat to get it really opaque and saturated. It also allows me to coat most of my nail in a single stroke, which prevents streakiness from occurring.






- Color: This is a great vibrant color, it's a little darker from what it looks like in the bottle, but it still has a vibrant and saturated punch of color which I love! This particular color is great for summer. 

- Price: So I originally saw this at target for $5 each which is extremely affordable in my opinion. I do want to try more colors, and I'll go to Target to pick them up. However, I picked these two up at Ulta and I was able to save about $1 from purchasing these two there; here's how I did it: Ulta usually has $3.50 off a $10 purchase - and they usually have a sale on drugstore products (buy 1 get 1 50% off). At Ulta these were going for $7.99 each so after the Buy 1 get 1 50% off my total came to $12 something, and with my $3.50 off coupon, my resulting total was $9.42 (or something like that).

Dislikes:
- Bubbling: With the top coat, I had a lot of bubbling while it was drying and it ended up staying in my nails (unfortunately). 


(You can kind of see the bubbles that are trapped in my nails)


- Embedding: On some of my nails I noticed that there was some embedding of my hair on my nails (from me sleeping on my hand). I don't usually have this problem when I use my quick dry top coats, but I do have this problem when I use regular top coats. 

- Finish: The only thing I wish was that the gel top coat looked a little thicker. It looks like my usual top coat that I use, just a lot shinier. 


So Far:
As of right now I'm on the fence with it. I love the colors that are available and I love the concept and affordability, but I don't feel like it truly gives that gel look. It's also doing an excellent job of holding up, in the picture you may notice that there's a chip on my index finger, but that was my fault. It still has the high gloss finish and I absolutely love the color. I'm going to try and use this color base with my regular top coat and see what happens, but that's for my actual review on this product! 

Until my next post,

Stay Beautiful <3



[UPDATE] One Week of Wear:
I wanted to put an update in here because there's a good chance that I'm going to take it off to work on my nail polish gallery. So far here's what I've noticed: 

  • Bubbling went away after like 2-3 days. 
  • There's still a lot of embedding and it got worse as the days went on. 
  • The shine is awesome! It's still going strong after 7 days of wear which is nice. It looks like I just did my nails. 
  • My nails started to chip on the tips of my right pinky, pointer, and left ring finger. 
  • The color is just as vibrant as it was the first day I applied it. 
Right now, I don't feel like this is anything special. I feel like some of the colors are very unique, but I still need to try and see if the only thing that really makes a difference is the top coat. 

Have a great week Beauties! This week I'm posting Monday,Wednesday, and Friday and on Tuesday and Thursday I'll be posting on our YouTube Channel :] 

Until my next post,
Stay Beautiful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment