Wednesday, June 18, 2014

[REVIEW] Maybelline - Baby Lips Crystal (Pink Quartz)

Hey Beauties... Guess what day it is?! Hump Daay whoop whoop!! Hope you guys are having a great week so far and just remember, You're half way through the week! Today's review is on the Maybelline Baby Lips, Crystal version. With this version, there's a lot more glitter/shimmer in the actual product, but let's just jump in to the review!



Breakdown:
Packaging: This has very similar packaging to all the other Baby Lips in terms the container it's in and how it works. The one thing that I loved about the Baby Lips packaging is how the cap snaps on to the bottom. In order to set it apart from it's cousins this one has holographic circles on it to make it look like glitter and it's also in a light pink tube. 



Scent: There's a light berry/candy scent to it that reminds me of some of the older types of lip products that I would use. It's nothing to overwhelming and once you apply it, it fades away and you don't notice it. However, when you first apply it you can smell it and you can also lightly taste it when you open your mouth to talk or inhale. 

Pigmentation: My lips are highly pigmented on their own, and this doesn't add much to it. When I apply it I do see some light coloring, but nothing to extreme. The thing that you do notice is the glitter. In the actual product you can see chunks of glitter, thus the name Crystal. The one thing I love is that you can see it, but it's subtle and you don't feel any of the glitter on your lips. It's extremely fine and you don't feel any of the grittiness on your lips when you press them together. That was one of the biggest things I was concerned with when I purchased this; I saw the glitter and I immediately thought that this product was going to be uncomfortable, gritty, and too much, but I was pleasantly surprised with how this wears. 





Moisturizing: This isn't as moisturizing as the Dr. Rescue version that I have, but it does help my lips when my lips are extremely chapped. I suffer from really chapped lips so once I apply this a couple of times my lips are back to new! 

Tackiness/Stickiness: I haven't suffered from my hair getting stuck to this product or even it feeling sticky on my lips. It's great because once it really soaks in, it feels like there's nothing. This is great when you want that lip gloss type of look, but don't want to deal with your hair sticking to it or any tacky feeling on your lips. 

Overall:
This is a great product if you're looking for something that you can keep in your bag that'll give off that lip gloss look, without actually using lip gloss, and it'll moisturize your lips. I'm not sure if you can find it everywhere, but I did find it at my local Target. Personally, I would like to pick up a darker berry color, but I could only find this color. I like the convenience of it and how it looks like I'm wearing lip gloss, when I'm not. I love the lip gloss look, but I can't stand how it'll either dry out my lips or be extremely heavy or tacky on my lips. 

Have you seen this product around? Have you tried it? Let me know on Twitter (@ciaociaoreview) or down below in the comments! 

Until my next post,
Stay Beautiful! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment