Thursday, June 12, 2014

[PRODUCT REDEMPTION] Benefit - They're Real Mascara

Hi Beauties! If you guys follow me on Twitter, you'll know that I was planning to start this new series called Product Redemption. In this series, I'm shopping my stash and trying out products that I had negative reviews on. For the first installment of this series, I went back to the ever so popular Benefit They're Real mascara. I have a little baby one from Sephora's free bday gift, and before I get anybody saying, "You can't review this product from a baby sample, you need to get the actual sample!" Calm yourselves, because this is the same formula and it even has the same wand :] 






The Verdict:

I still don't care for this formula or mascara lol. I tried it and haven't seen anything extraordinary about it. My eyelashes have a difficult time holding a curl and it does better with drier waterproof formulas. The formula of this isn't wet too wet which I like especially since it's not a waterproof formula, but it still doesn't hold my curl. I don't find anything to extraordinary about this product although, I love how intense and dark this is compared to some of the other mascaras I've tried.

It's decently long wearing and I don't notice any smudging or flakes which is impressive. Personally, the wand is a bit too stiff for my liking; when I use this on my upper lashes, I can feel the bristles poking my the lash line which is extremely uncomfortable and can sting a little. The wand is also a little too long for my eyes, which makes it a little difficult to maneuver to coat my inner lashes. 

Let me know down below if you have tried this and whether or not you like it and let me know why! You can also follow me on Twitter (@ciaociaoreview) for more updates or follow my team's website (believeinfour.wix.com/fourustocelebrate) for more on fashion, food/travel, and beauty! 

Have a great day and until my next post,

Stay Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment