Monday, June 23, 2014

[REVIEW] L'Orèal Colour Caresse - Pink Cashmere (171)

Happy Monday Beauties! Hope you all had an amazing weekend, and if you went to EDC, I hope you had an amazing time and I'm glad that you're safe :] For today's review it's on another lip product (can you tell I've been obsessed with lip products recently?!) Let's quit wasting time and get right into the review!



Breakdown:
Packaging: Oh my, how the packaging looks so luxurious and high-end. It's feels like it's made with really great quality and it's not too heavy which is nice. I also love how it's gold, which adds to it's luxuriousness.

Color Options: I honestly loved the range of colors they had (I bought mine from Walmart and they didn't have the reds/berries, only the nudes and pinks), but if you shop online, you'll be able to find a lot more colors.



Pigmentation: So, this isn't somethings that's supposed to be extremely opaque like a lipstick, according to their website, it's supposed to add just a vibrantly sheer look, but in my opinion, it adds a decent amount of color. Comparing the type of pigmentation it's supposed to have (a sheer/barely there type of look), it's definitely a lot more pigmented and you can add more layers/coats or wear a lip liner underneath to add more color.

Texture: When I apply it, it feels really buttery on my lips and smooth, but I did notice that sometimes it'll end up feeling a little greasy as it fades off. It's comfortable on the lips, but if you apply too much it's going to feel extremely slippery on the lips.

Longevity: By no means does this product say that it's supposed to provide long term color/pigmentation. Once you apply it and eat something, it does fade away and it does transfer on to other surfaces.



Overall:
I do like this as a sheer wash of color on my lips, it's convenient, easy to apply, easy to wear, looks sleek, and everything. I really like it and I am definitely interested in picking up more colors to try out, especially the berries and reds. I like to keep it in my purse to have when I want to apply some color and it's great because it pairs well with anything. I do notice that after it fades off, and when I don't reapply it, it does leave my lips chap. If you have dry/cracked lips, it'll settle into the lines and cracks which can make for a patchy application, but what I notice is that if I take my ring finger and blend it out, it blends out and looks fine.

I definitely think that this is a great product to just keep in your bag and use whenever you're just looking for a hint of color or a little moisture.

Have you tried this product out? What is your favorite color from the line? Let me know down below in the comment section OR tweet me @ciaociaoreview! Hope you guys have a great day...

Until my next post,
Stay Beautiful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment