Thursday, May 29, 2014

[REVIEW] Suave - Dry Shampoo

Happy Thursday Beauties! You're almost there to the weekend, so hang in there! For today's review, it's on an affordable dry shampoo. It's not often that I use dry shampoo, but let's be real, we're all busy and there are nights where washing our hair is just out of the question. As long as you have a good dry shampoo it can be our little secret ;D lol Let's get on to the review!



Breakdown

Packaging: Like most dry shampoos, this comes in a metal canister with a spray nozzle. As an aerosol dry shampoo, there's not much more you can do with it packaging wise, so I have no complaints with it. The nozzle does a good job of dispersing the product without having too much buildup in the center. 

Smell: Unlike some of the dry shampoos I've tried in the past, this scent is somewhat tolerable. It's a lemon-ey citrus scent. Personally i don't care for the scent; I've never been a citrus-scent type of girl. I'd prefer to have that salon smell lol. The smell does fade throughout the day, but it's somewhat intense when you first spray it on. 

Product: When I first used it, I absolutely hated it because it made my hair feel piecey and gritty, not pleasant at all! After trying it out multiple times, I realized that I need to hold the bottle as far away from my head as possible and lightly spray near the roots. I do this in sections and I just let it sit like that for a while (I usually do my makeup in the mean time) and then I go in with freshly washed hands (just to make sure I don't add any more oil) to massage the product in. You'll want to do the same thing as if you were washing your hair. Then I go ahead and style it however I want to. 

I don't notice a white/gray cast on my hair which is nice, but at the end of the day my hair does feel dirtier and heavier. You don't want to concentrate this product in one area because it'll be difficult to blend in and your hair will feel gritty. 


Overall:
It's one of the misses for Suave in their hair care line. I love their heat protectant spray and shampoo, but this is just something I wouldn't repurchase. The way it makes my hair feel after a couple of hours is unpleasant and I'll only use it on my second day hair as long as I put it up. 

If you're looking for a dry shampoo that doesn't have the harsh smell of a salon or chemically, then you may be interested at giving this a shot. Just be sure that you don't over-do it because it will leave your hair feeling heavy and dirtier than it was before. 

Have you tried this product? What do you think about it? Let me know down below :] 

Don't forget to connect with me on Twitter (@ciaociaoreview) or on believeinfour.wix.com/fourustocelebrate 

Have a great day and until my next post, 

Stay Beautiful <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment