Tuesday, June 10, 2014

[FIRST IMPRESSION] e.l.f. - Duo E/S - Mocha Swirl

Hi Beauties! Hope you all had a good Monday, and are having a good Tuesday, if not get yourself some tacos cause it's Taco Tuesday lol! Today's first impression is on an e/s duo. When I purchased this I was hoping that it would be a great everyday e/s that could be a no brainer type of thing. 


In the look below I used my usual e/s base as well as a colored base from Revlon's Not Just Nude creme e/s palette. I took the darkest color and placed that all over my lid and I mixed the two colors to blend into my crease. I then took the pink color and blended it between my brow-bone color and my crease. I then took a tiny amount on my ring finger and dabbed it on the middle of my lid to add a little dimension. I then took the light pink color on a small detail brush and placed it on my lower inner third lash line, my tear duct area, and then blended it into my crease a little. 



Likes:
- Convenience: I like that these two colors are neutral and great for everyday.

- Affordability: It's extremely affordable. I got mine from the Dollar Tree and you can pick these up for about $1 on the e.l.f. website. It's great if you're just getting in to makeup, but you're not ready to get into the higher end stuff. 

- Color: I like how the color is suitable for everyday purposes and you can transition this look to a more sultry look by intensifying the darker color. 

- Quantity: I love how you get a decent amount of product. This will last you for a good amount of time and you probably get more from this than you would with some other palettes out there. 

-Texture: I'm surprised how buttery these feel on my fingers, but if you dab a brush in it, just be wary of some of the fallout you'll get. A lot of the time with softer e/s, it's easier to get a lot of fallout when you dip your brushes in it. 

Dislikes:
- Pigmentation: This isn't the most pigmented e/s out there. Without a base you'll notice the color fades after about two hours of wear, but with some type of a base (it's better if it's colored) you'll get more pigmentation. 

- Packaging: I'm not a big fan of having to twist the cap open and close. When I'm in a rush, it's easier to have a lid that flips open and close. Another reason why I don't like the twist open cap is because I feel like I'm more likely to drop it and crack the e/s. 




Overall:
 The main gripe I had with these e/s is the fact that it didn't last a long time without some type of a base. After my first use, I wasn't impressed, but I'm not ready to give a full review yet, so be on the look out for that! Follow me on Twitter: @ciaociaoreview or follow my team's website: believeinfour.wix.com/fourustocelebrate for more info! 

Until my next post,

Stay Beautiful <3

1 comment: