Sunday, January 19, 2014

REVIEW: NYX FULL COVERAGE CONCEALER (HG)




I originally purchased this concealer to replace one of my favorite heavy duty concealers (Benefit's Boi-ing Concealer) and when I had purchased it, it was a newer product from NYX. There weren't any testers so I basically had to guess which color would match my skin-tone. I used the Boi-ing concealer in shade 03, which I believe is the darkest or at least second to darkest shade in the Boi-ing line. What I liked about the NYX concealers is that there was a decent shade range. I ended up using 06 Glow and it's a perfect match for me. 

It does a great job at evening out any discolorations, like my dark circles, acne scars, pimples, etc. without adding too much cakey-ness. I don't notice it settling into any fine lines (which I noticed with the Boi-ing concealer), it's extremely long lasting, and it's light weight. 

I have somewhat long days, usually ranging from 9-12 hours, and when I come home at night or even when I look in the mirror after 5-8 hours, I can still see my concealer doing it's job. 

I haven't had any trouble blending out the concealer and I don't notice any streakiness. On days where I don't feel like wearing much makeup, I'll just use this concealer to even out my skin and then set it using another HG powder and I'm good to go; and the surprising thing is that it lasts for a decent amount of time and when my powder fades, the concealer is still there. 

It's an extremely affordable product and I like the color ranges a lot more than the Benefit color range, and I get a lot of bang for my buck! I've been using this concealer for about a year and I have about 1/3 of the container left!

I haven't had any skin problems (like breaking out or extra oil/grease) and once blended, it's extremely breathe-able. 

*******************************************
As usual, each picture, once clicked, will take you to a website where you can purchase the product. 

If there are any products I should check out leave a comment! I love checking out and trying new products :]

No comments:

Post a Comment